Regional Sales Manager – Florida
Sunburst Chemicals is a leading manufacturer of cleaning and sanitation chemicals specializing in providing hospitality, grocery, health care and related customers green cleaning solutions with industry-leading solid detergent systems. Our products are sold and serviced direct to end-user companies and through an established and growing wholesale dealer network. For over 90 years, Sunburst has been a family owned and operated business and has enjoyed substantial growth nationally and internationally.
We are currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager in the Florida area. The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for developing and growing sales within the assigned region to meet or exceed sales goals, while maintaining Sunburst’s profit objectives. This position will also service dispensing and related equipment in present accounts, assist with troubleshooting problems and make appropriate recommendations to customers to resolve issues. This position will report to the Regional Business Development Manager.
Regional Growth and Expansion >50%
- Develop quarterly sales plans consistent with established strategies to successfully achieve target market penetration, short-term and long-term sales objectives, and all key Sunburst initiatives
- Prepare sales forecasts for all sales plans identified above
- Achieve minimum sales across all programs and key Sunburst initiatives consistent with the Region’s annual corporate growth objectives
- Maintain sales pipleine for all core sales objectives and strategic sales initiatives of 1x annual sales targets
- Actively identify and develop “closers” within each distributor
- Conduct quarterly Mutual Business Plan review meetings with distributors, SSP’s and key customers in the region and develop a mutual plan for executing against all upcoming quarterly sales and business objectives.
- Regional Chain Business
- Sell Regional and National Multi-Unit accounts with a primary emphasis on “programs” developed by Marketing.
- Develop and prepare all proposal material for new prospects.
- Work with BDM, Product Line Managers and National Service Manager to insure account and program standards are understood and implemented for new account Trials.
- Direct and monitor new chain account trials.
Field Service & Technical Support <%50
- Provide technical field service support as required and appropriate, including preventive maintenance & emergency service and installation support, all in compliance with established Sunburst Best Practices
- Work with team members; scheduled and/or unscheduled ride-alongs, provide support for troubled accounts, review and provide direction as required or appropriate to insure account standards are maintained and customer expectations are met.
- Conduct training programs for customers as required and appropriate.
- Other general management:
- Coordinate and collaborate with sales peers and service personnel to insure company objectives and customer concerns are cared for.
- Attend managements sessions, meetings, seminars, or other planning meetings to provide insight, advise, strategies, etc., as required.
- Monitor actual sales objectives vs. goals. Continuously create and implement change plans to meet sales goals or sustain above-target performance.
- Routinely communicate sales and service best practices and challenges to BDM, peers, superiors, and business partners.
- Submit reports as required.
- Conduct quarterly Business Reviews with Regional BDM.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Bachelor of Science or related field
- 5 + years direct and/or distributor field service experience
- 1 + years direct and/or distributor sales experience
- Prior experience demonstrating proficiency in making technical presentations
- Prior experience achieving all sales goals and expectations
- Prior experience demonstrating proficiency in establishing relationships and growing sales in a new or underdeveloped territory
- Prior experience demonstrating proficiency in influencing others to promote and sell company products, programs, or solutions
- Prior experience demonstrating proficiency in Core Sales Competencies and Core Leadership Competencies
- Must be able to travel at least 50% of available time for business related activities
Core Sales Competencies:
- Entrepreneurial Approach: Reflects an entrepreneurial attitude; Manages time effectively; Sets effective goals.
- Understands Prospects: Recognizes buyer behavior; Understands the purchasing process.
- Develops Appropriate Solutions: Knows Sunburst products and programs and their connection to prospect goals; Knows how to demonstrate value of Sunburst products and programs.
- Prospects Proactively: Identifies prospects and gets appointments; Maintains active prospect pipeline at all times.
- Proactively Manages the Selling Process: Understands client-centric selling; Establishes rapport; Identifies prospect’s needs; Counsels prospect.
- Closes the Sale: Explores prospect’s options; Presents ideal solution; Overcomes objections; Closes effectively
- Manages Sales Relationships: Secures and develops the relationship.
Core Leadership Competencies:
- Self-Leadership: Role models Sunburst Guiding Principles; is trusted, communicates clear direction, understands personal strengths and limitations, and adjusts to circumstances.
- Team Leadership: Creates an atmosphere where people can succeed; collaborates across teams; helps others get behind business agendas and accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Business Leadership: Sets clear objectives; plans logical steps to meet objectives; takes action to meet objectives.
- Strategic Leadership: Anticipates opportunities for change and plans accordingly; has a clear vision of the future; can sell ideas at all levels of the organization.
Sunburst Chemicals offers the opportunity to join a thriving and innovative industry leader. We offer a competitive compensation package including a base salary and bonus/commissions along with a car allowance, full benefits, a 401K program and profit sharing. Our entrepreneurial company culture stresses independent motivation, dedication and a team atmosphere.